“Michael understands memories associated with articles
and is respectful in a person’s decision making process.”
Michael Weigand has always enjoyed interacting with older persons. He was raised in west central Illinois and assisted in caring for both sets of grandparents who lived in rural and urban areas. These experiences allowed him to witness the aging process in family members.
As a young man, Michael assisted his Grandmother in downsizing more than 70 years of accumulated goods held in the old family homestead. Later she moved into a two room assisted living quarters, and then to a nursing home room, shared with another person. Michael understands memories associated with articles and is respectful in a person’s decision making process.
Michael has worked as a case manager, linking people to available services so they could remain in their own homes as long as possible. This job gave him great satisfaction and provided the inspiration for his business, as he witnessed older persons needing help when moving in times of life transitions.
Michael has years of experience, professionalism, and resourcefulness to create situations to meet your needs. This is a one-to-one, personal service.
- Licensed and Bonded in the state of New Mexico
- Member, National Association of Senior Move Managers
- MA Psychology and Spirituality
- Caseworker for ten counties in the state of Illinois coordinating service for seniors to live in their own home as long as possible
- Presenter- American Society on Aging 2013 on Downsizing
- Monitored Meals on Wheels Programs with Health Department Guidelines for five years.
“I enjoyed working with you going over my possessions and making decisions regarding them. I love my new home and you working with me – and doing so with negligible stress. Looking back I have no regrets. I am grateful for your work.”
P.O. Box 31054
Santa Fe, NM 87594
Feel free to Contact Michael to discuss your move
or your downsizing, or both!